PRINCIPAL GLOBAL TAM FINANCIAL SERVICES (ESP)
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customer of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we’re looking for a Principal Technical Account Manager to support our customers’ creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Data Analytics, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and ‘voice of the customer’ to large Fortune 500 and multi-national organizations.
As a Principal Technical Account Manager, you will directly influence how our largest and/or most strategic Enterprise customers use AWS. You will help executives embrace agility and deliver high impact transformation. You will interface with enterprise architects to understand business drivers and assess application portfolios ensuring that cloud solutions are highly scalable, flexible and resilient. You will serve as an advocate for your customer and help shape the future roadmap of AWS services. This position will require the ability to travel 20% or more as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
· Develop and execute on an operational support strategy that helps our customers continue to grow and be successful on the AWS platform
· Explain transformational concepts to executive decision makers and influence their technology strategy
· Mentor and role model for your colleagues
· Keep your technical skills honed and develop new ones, to make strong contributions in the technology community
· Develop a passion for educating, training and enabling cloud solutions experts for a challenging set of customers and circumstances
· Build an understanding of enterprise technology adoption
· Possess exceptional customer focus and a bias for action; you must work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust while communicating a bold direction that inspires results
· Exhibit a passion for operational excellence by solving customer issues while teaching customers to optimize business impact
The Principal TAM is the quintessential centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support Customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
· 9+ years of technical engineering experience
· Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for four (4) of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 11 years of equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of customer facing experience leading IT transformation
· Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
· Experience architecting and operating solutions at scale
· Experience (5+ years) in one of the following fields or industries: Automotive, Financial Services, Government Sector, Health Care and Life Sciences, Independent Software Vendor, Media and Entertainment, Oil and Gas, Startup, or Telecommunications.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· 10+ years of technical engineering experience
· Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for five (5) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
· 3+ years leading large technology projects with multiple contributors over many months
· Experience presenting and influencing technology strategy with executives through developers
· Experience managing large scale environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
· Experience working as a technical leader that has personally brought material change to an organization
· Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
· Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS and/or other cloud offerings
· Experience in information security and risk management including compliance, authentication, federation, encryption, and network security
· Written communication skills including publicly available white papers or other documents
· AWS knowledge and experience managing support and operations for customers that have top line revenue impact on a business
Advanced Degree (MS, PhD)Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.