BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER
The EU Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data and Business Intelligence Engineering Manager to join our team in Barcelona. The EU ACES Business Intelligence function is rapidly expanding and the data and tools required to support critical business decisions in this space is provided by the ACES Business Intelligence team.
The ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve. You will undertake a leadership role in our team – the team will look to you for advice on analytical and technical issues facing them. You will have a company-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, has a strong business sense, and can lead a team to put these skills into action.
As an ACES Business Intelligence Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
· Design and execute a technical vision by prioritizing projects and goals for the ACES BI Team
· Interface with business leaders within EU Central Flow, FC Operations and partner teams to gather requirements prioritize solutions based on resource and need
· Interact with other technology teams to knowledge share new tools and drive the development of new tools
· Provide advanced level knowledge of data engineering, software development, and business intelligence to help support and troubleshoot the team’s products and pipelinesREQUISITOS BÁSICOS
· Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning or advanced degree
· Extensive AWS platform development experience
· Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs
· Advanced understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality
· Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modelling application
· Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Ability to understand Operations at a detailed, practical level and to think big / strategically
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication
· MS/MBA or quantitative graduate degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
· Project Management experience and/or Tech product management experience
· 7+ years of relevant work experience building end-to-end solutions to performance measurement and process improvement in a Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain setting
· Demonstrated excellence in working with Operations teams
· Passionate about scalable and future-proof processes, systems and data analytics.
· Able to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes.
· Experience with statistics or Machine Learning methodologies a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
El Prat De Llobregat - Barcelona
El Prat De Llobregat - Barcelona