THE CHALLENGEOver the last decade, we have built a world-class software as a service (SaaS) platform for event organizers, enabling millions of events globally. In the process, we’ve attracted organizers with unique marketing needs. We’ve built a large-scale WordPress solution that hosts event websites with a very high volume of traffic to support those needs for premium organizers. As that traffic grows and our customers’ needs evolve we need more highly skilled engineers who can understand and solve the next set of challenges.
THE TEAMWe`re a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, , and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems
THE ROLEEventbrite hosts customized WordPress sites for hundreds of it’s high-valued enterprise customers. As a WordPress Engineer you will share the responsibility to grow and maintain this large scale installation to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our organizers and can confidently support the high-traffic demands they have. You will partner closely with the team building out themes to help prioritize and implement custom plugin feature requests. In addition to working on the existing installation and plugins you will own the planning and execution of future initiatives such as publishing a public plugin to enable Eventbrite ticket sales on external WordPress sites.THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years experience working as a backend web developer on production sites
- 3+ years experience working on complex WordPress solutions
- Thorough knowledge of modern PHP and MySQL
- Experience with multi-site installations and parent/child themes
- Demonstrated experience developing on the WordPress platform (for example: Solid experience with WordPress methods and development patterns, handling data securely within WordPress, plugin development, theme development, and leveraging the REST API)
- Highly motivated personality. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn quickly, not be afraid of failing, and ultimately produce high-quality work
- Experience with various version control systems (ex Git, SVN)
- A comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A working knowledge of current best practices for web and cross-browser compatibility, with the motivation to continue self-education
- Experience with technologies like Redis or ElasticSearch
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience working with automated testing frameworks and writing unit and integration tests
ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.