THE CHALLENGEThe data engineering team is building the next generation of data infrastructure. We work with cutting-edge big data technologies to power the most efficient, secure, and performant data ecosystem to power live experiences. Operating at the base of Eventbrite`s infrastructure, we feed data to analysts, customers, engineers, and the platform alike. Our core foundation is modular and strong. We hope you can help us extend its use across the company as we explore and implement new technologies.
THE TEAMThe Data Foundry squad is charged with building and maintaining all streaming and batch data pipelines across the company. We also support and empower analysts, engineers and data scientists with the tools they need to create a data-driven product and power data-driven decision making. We are pragmatic and meritocratic. We work hard. We play hard. We are strongly connected to each other. Eventbrite engineers perform frequent demos of the code we ship. We also hone our skills through code reviews and tell the world about it on Eventbrite’s Engineering Blog. We value community, we believe in the power of live experiences, and we regularly host free events with top technical speakers. Learn more about the team from some of our engineers .
THE ROLEWe are hiring someone to help us build a scalable, reliable, secure, and highly performant data platform. You`ll help reinforce and extend the infrastructure that powers the use of data at Eventbrite. From infrastructure development to data analysis to ETL jobs, you will need a broad range of big-data engineering skills. The team has strong and versatile engineers. You will grow. We hope to grow with you.
TECH STACK Our primary stack includes usual suspects in big data engineering: Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Spark SQL, Hive, Spark Streaming, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, AWS, Yarn, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Git, and more.THE SKILL SET
- 5 years of experience building high quality software in Python, Java, or Scala
- 3+ years of working experience in rapid product development building data infrastructure, ETL, or MapReduce jobs
- Expert knowledge of SQL and relational database design and modeling, approaches and techniques for extracting, transforming, loading and integrating data
- Understanding of Data Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, Business Analytics, and the relevant technologies that support them
- Familiarity with a server-side framework, such as Django, Express, Rails, or .Net
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, and facilitation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels
- Ability to teach and mentor engineers with a variety of skill levels and backgrounds
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (CS/Math/Stats/Engineering)
- Passionate about live entertainment, and eager to help build Eventbrite into the world’s leading event technology platform
ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.