SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER VARIOUS LOCATIONS EVENT MARCH 2020
Join our hiring event in Tokyo, second week of March 2020 for opportunities in our tech teams in Madrid, Berlin, London, Dublin and Luxembourg. All travel expenses are covered if invited to interview with us and Amazon also provides immigration and relocation assistance to our hires.
Can you drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real world problems? Do you have a curious mind that applies concepts like machine learning, pattern matching and mathematical modelling to solve complex online business scenarios? Could you help to build the future of online Retail and enhance how Amazon do business as a key player in global e-commerce?
As a Software Development Engineer you will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. Taking pride in both the technical and business contribution of your work, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and our customers. You will design and implement new features and be part of a team that is building the future of online retail.
Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
· Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
· Code, test, and deploy services
· Participate in and lead code & design reviews
· Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
· Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
· A Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Outstanding problem-solving abilities
· A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
· Proficient in building software applications in Java, Python and/or C++
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Business judgment and proven ability to influence others
- Strong analytical thinking skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
· A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ is a plus!
· Expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
· Previous experience with retail systems – ordering, placement, etc. - is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.