SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER ITALY AND SPAIN RETAIL
Amazon is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to lead the finance function for a number of fast growing product categories in the Italy and Spain Retail business. The job can be based in Madrid or Milan.
The successful candidate will be thoughtful, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders.
Key responsibilities include:
· Controllership of the business
· Ability to manage or lead others and further develop exceptional talent
· Lead and participate as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
· Implement and drive the core financial processes and reporting for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Long Term Plans, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
· Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments.
· Leading ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigations
You will continuously audit business inputs and processes to ensure that strong financial controls remain fit for purpose, you will be required to dive deep into every aspect of the business, to drive improvement, and use data and strong business judgment to drive the right long term decisions.
You will lead the effort to develop insightful analysis and reporting to support decision making and monitor performance. You will be working closely with senior leadership in Italy and Spain and expected to interact with Finance and business teams across EU.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 10+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· Experience in leading a team and developing talent and working cross-functionally
· Experience in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
· 7+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting toolsREQUISITOS DESEADOS
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
· Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on new assignments
· 3+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
· Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableua, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making