The Area Manager supports the Site Leader in leading a direct and indirect workforce to delivery customer satisfaction via a range of pre-defined metrics. The role is responsible for assisting in the management of a site to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Area Manager will lead a team of Shift Supervisors, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of all relevant processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing.
· Supporting and standing in for the Site Leader in the management of a site.
· Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Service Providers and monitors respective metrics
· Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan
· Manage a team within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment. Typically a team will consist of workforce from a variety of sources permanent/temporary and contract labour and the role holder must set the appropriate expectations with his/her team on managing the workforce in an appropriate, engaging and pro-active manner
· Develops talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda. This will include at all levels of the business - safety of our people, employee engagement, performance leadership, talent & succession and training & development
· Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Amazon customers, reduce cost to serve and improve contribution.
· Set/clarify requirements and expectations for shift supervisors
· To drive a customer-focused culture within the operations department by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention through delivery of excellent service levels.
· To meet the targets on delivering on time and in perfect condition in order to achieve customer satisfaction through an efficient operations process at optimum cost. Exceed all performance targets.
· To ensure that the site meets and exceeds the HSE regulations. Maintain excellent 5s and FSI audit results and manage with the self-audit process
· Supporting the development and maintenance of a strong culture of Health and Safety practices and initiatives including ensuring site practices are compliant with legislation and policy through effective monitoring, auditing and reviewing of practices on site.
· Participate in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the operation and the broader Amazon EU Operations network.REQUISITOS BÁSICOS
· University Degree qualification or equivalent
· Experience working as a manager in the Transportation / Logistics industry and possess expertise and a solid understanding of carrier operations.
· Able to demonstrate good business judgment with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results.
· Analytical thinking with project management and organizational skills, attention to detail. Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritization. Manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and manipulate data-proven in delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality.
· Entrepreneurial mind, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
· Managing and driving production within specified area/s and process improvement through efficiency and change, therefore a strong bias for action is required.
· Able and willing to work flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
· Analytical and excel trained
· Fluent in both, English and Spanish
· Excellent communication skills and able to influence others
· Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is highly desirable
· Lean manufacturing / Six sigma
· 3rd party contract resource arrangements experience