THE CHALLENGEEventbrite`s business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Senior Software Engineer at Eventbrite, you will build beautiful, responsive, delightful and intuitive user interfaces that people are excited to use every day while pushing the technological envelope with novel architectural advancements.
THE TEAMWe`re a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems. To learn more about some of the frontend teamwork, check out our THE SKILL SET
- Deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
- A track record of working closely with Design teams to build beautiful & intuitive web pages and applications
- Experience with techniques for improving SEO and accessibility
- Excitement about working in an environment where you are expected to make a significant and visible contribution
- The desire to work on a highly visible product that impacts millions of users
- A strong portfolio that displays your passion for delighting users
- Previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
- Previous experience with build chain tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack and Yarn
- Previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography and color
- Familiarity with a server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails or .Net or
- Familiarity with working in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.