SENIOR VENDOR MANAGER EU PRIVATE BRANDS
Amazon is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Senior Vendor Manager to manage selection expansion for number of categories for Amazon’s Private Brands business in Europe.
As a leader, you will be responsible for managing the Private Brands business for a number of categories for Amazon EU alongside sourcing of products for our your portfolio of products with the best possible commercial and legal terms. You will also liaise with local country teams to tap into their sourcing base and leverage key suppliers to build your portfolio. You be responsible for identifying product opportunities, sourcing opportunities, convincing suppliers to grow volumes and margins, while assessing cost optimization opportunities with existing suppliers. You will develop partnerships at very senior levels with OEMs/ODMs based in Europe and in Far East to source strategic selection.
Private Brands is a long-term growth opportunity for Amazon. So far, Amazon EU has implemented its brand AmazonBasics in categories such as Consumer Electronics, PC, Office, Home and Leisure, Bedding and Bath, Luggage, Pets among others. We are also looking to expand our foot-print into new categories and establish new brands.
The position requires a leader who can work autonomously in a fast paced, highly demanding and ambiguous environment. The successful candidate would possess great business judgment, with a track record of strong project delivery, commercial negotiations and relationship management along with deep analytical acumen. Additionally, this position involves working with multiple stakeholders (product development, quality and compliance, marketing, legal, supply chain, among others), and hence we need strong stakeholder management capabilities and ownership with great bias for action in getting things done themselves.
Main responsibilities include:
1. Work with the local country teams to identify suitable opportunities for Private Brands sourcing to achieve annual selection, product development, revenue and profitability goals
3. Establish & manage long term relationships with suppliers by driving selection, and negotiation of their terms.
5. Increase selection from new and existing suppliers.
7. Build internal and external metric reports to monitor new selection and cost out opportunities.
9. Work with suppliers and our operations team to ensure a reliable, cost effective flow of goods, from ordering to receipt.
The successful candidate will be an experienced team player who is motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Undergraduate Degree (Masters Degree preferred)
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- A track record of proven success in past positions
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success
- Vendor Management experience
- Online and/or retail experience
- Previous experience in the Home category is a plus
- Spanish fluency