SENIOR IOT SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
DESCRIPTIONAre you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing and IoT? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together IoT architectural best practices across different IoT verticals? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior, IoT Specialist Solutions Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based IoT solutions. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS IoT Sales Specialists to drive IoT technical best practices for AWS customers.
Your responsibilities will focus on working directly with IoT customers, engaging with our partner ecosystem, working to build repeatable solutions to delight customers and planning for future services and solutions. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
· Identify, qualify, and set up Customer engagement. Dive deep with the customer to understand the opportunity and identify the quantifiable business outcome.
· Identify the common services across individual Customer project. Develop the strategy to build the common services to scale Customer engagements.
· Provide consulting support to the customer and Customer service teams, drive complex interactions between the customers, AWS service teams, Customer teams, and third-party partners;
· Author or otherwise contribute to business cases for Customer projects. Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers, presentations, demos, and reference architectures;
· Act as a trusted advisor to the customer and a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and partners;
This position can be any EMEA AWS office location.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise applications
· 3+ Experience in IoT Application development and
· 3+ years experience in IoT architecture
· 2+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales
· Technical document writing experience using Visio, Word, Excel, and / or PowerPoint
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
Experience in one or more specific IoT/M2M industries (i.e. business automation, manufacturing, asset management, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.) is a plus
· Experience in Analytics and Machine Learning is a plus
· Industry experience – for example in Manufacturing, Consumer Devices, Automotive, Oil & Gas
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
· Proficiency in at least one of the programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Node.js and GO is a plus