If you want to improve the experience of King’s 300 million+ players across our network of games, and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you. You will be part of the community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King, working together with business performance managers and marketeers in the day to day data analysis, presentations and tests to find new business opportunities on particular games, our network or specific business areas.
* Identify potential business opportunities within your area and scope/design approaches to capture those opportunities
* Produce and maintain regular reporting for top management and perform required analysis to understand the main drivers behind business trends
* Assist in putting together PowerPoint presentations, supporting analysis and material to share results with the different stakeholders
* Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis.
* Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, quickly, even when confronted by subtle data complicationsSkills to Create ThrillsAs a business analyst you’ll have a great passion to use data and analysis to understand player behavior and main drivers that generate incremental value to the business. You also have strong communication skills, both oral and written, an eye for detail, accuracy and elegance in presenting and reporting.
Other skills include:
* Business Insight: The ability to deeply understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve and therefore define for yourself the right data or analysis or interpretation to lead to actionable recommendations
* Analytical skills: Familiarity with analytical techniques, A/B testing, statistics, etc.
* Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python, but also Excel for analytical purposes
* SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players and work effectively with both Hive and relational database systems
* Communication: Designing good ways of communicating and visualizing your analysis/recommendations so they are clear and impactful
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in those areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific experience that might be helpful, but is not required, include: experience in the games industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses; experience in consulting delivering high impact projects within deadlines; experience in "big data" systems such as Hadoop, Hive; experience in behavioural psychology/economics; experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas; experience in experimental design; skills with standard reporting tools such as QlikView/Tableau/etc.