Regístrate gratis y recibe tu Newsletter con empleos
Recibe las ofertas que te interesan y envia tu CV a los empleos que quieras.
Regístrate en menos de un minuto.
EXASCALE SUPERCOMPUTER SOFTWARE CONTAINER ENGINEER (RE12)
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 600 staff from 49 countries.
Look at the BSC experience:
Context And Mission
BSC is looking for talented and motivated professionals with expertise in container support and an ecosystem targeting RISC-V-based ISA for a European HPC accelerator. This is a NEW project to build the software infrastructure and toolchain for an FPGA-based emulator for an energy-efficient Exascale system.
- Build and maintain high-performance runtime frameworks, libraries, and services.
- Be an active maintainer of The Docker Project, by contributing Go code to the open-source projects, helping the community contribute, reviewing submissions, and participating in the design decisions.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen.
- Build new features for containers today and where containers will be tomorrow.
- Extend containers and the container ecosystem to RISC-V based hardware.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related Engineering degree or equivalent level of professional experience.
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Expertise in Go code; C++11 or higher is a plus.
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying and operating large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook).
- Experience working on a SaaS platform or with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Open source software committer a plus.
- Good knowledge of Linux OS (not necessarily all):
- Linux filesystems
- Image distribution
- Content storage and management
- Kernel and container security
- Linux containerization
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks.
- Agile development and open source development, deployment, and support, including GitHub or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications or equivalent.
- Fluency in English is essential, Spanish is welcome.
- Effective communication, multitasking, and working well on collaborative designs.
- Keeping abreast on technology trends.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary - 2 - 3 years renewable
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
Nota: Tech Job World solo agrega información de empleos, por lo tanto, no es responsable del contenido o las acciones de las empresas. Algunos trabajos pueden cerrarse antes de que se eliminen de nuestro sistema.