Spotahome is one of the most exciting high growth consumer internet companies to emerge in the past decade. The company’s mission is to reinvent real estate, making it transparent, instant and exciting. We are focusing on delivering the best mid to long term rental experience and change the way of renting forever. Founded in March 2014, Spotahome is the first platform designed for direct booking of accommodation of 30 days or more. This unique platform makes finding a new home secure, transparent, fast and easy. Spotahome operates in 7 different countries and 10 cities across the EMEA region, with a headcount of more than 300 people from over 30 different nationalities, most of whom work in its Madrid office. The company is now building a new HQ in London where the C-level suite will be located.
The level of user engagement is extraordinary -- i.e., the company has 6 times the Trustpilot user feedback of Onefinestay despite being founded only 5 years ago -- with 90% leaving an ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’ review rating.
Spotahome has raised a total of $72 million. It is a private series B company backed by Kleiner Perkins, Passion Capital and Seaya Ventures as main investors. It is the first time KPCB (and any top-tier VC from Silicon Valley) invested in Spain. Investors also include Travis Kalanick and Emil Michael (Uber), Drew Houston (Dropbox), Jeremy Stoppelman (Yelp), Arthur Kosten (Booking.com), Javi Olivan (VP Growth Facebook), Jay Parikh (VP Eng Facebook), Alexander Aggashippour (Zendesk), Klaus Nyengaard (Just Eat), and other top executives from Amazon, Uber, BBVA, Stubhub, Momondo, Adobe, Instacart, etc.
Over the last four years it has generated more than $100 million in total contract value for landlords, generating 10% gross revenue in 2018 and a GMV of >$100M. Spotahome has a goal to reach an ambitious target of $175m net revenue by 2020, representing $1.3bn in GMV.
Spotahome recently hired (SVP HelloFresh and former Amazon in Seattle) as their Chief Product Officer, (Director of Regional Operations EMEA at Uber) as their Chief Operating Officer, (Director Engineering at Search Customer Experience, Amazon Seattle HQ) as their Chief Technology Officer and (former VP Marketing, TripAdvisor) as their Chief Growth Officer. Alongside with these hires, several Directors, Heads, and General Managers have been hired to join the new executive team.
To reinvent real estate. Make it transparent, instant, and exciting. Loved at last. Unreal estate.
Our dream is to make renting as simple and fast as getting a coffee. We work to teleport people into homes anywhere, so they can live the experience without being there. We connect with them. We bring the reality to them.
We live for the customer
We are a team
We trust in trust
We Innovate to win
We are decisive
We embrace simplicity
We get more from less
We live for the mission
What You’ll Do
- Develop a B2C supply growth machine, being responsible for the acquisition of private landlords though outbound sales channels
- Lead an existing team of 15+ sales people covering the European market and further scale it to drive growth cost-effectively. Recruit and retain the best
- Continuously motivate the team to achieve more
- Continuously train and upskill the team to deliver more
- Define the strategy and operating model of Spotahome B2C supply acquisition
- Test and playbook the most effective tactics for efficient operations of the B2C sales team that maximize conversion
- Partner with local GMs to identify best sources of leads and define best outreach model for the B2C sales team
- Closely monitor sales team performance, from activity metrics (e.g., number of clients touchpoints) to acquisition funnel (e.g., leads managed, converted accounts, published properties) and define actions to improve day-to-day performance of the sales team
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals
- Work in close collaboration with the in-region operations and sales teams
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years work experience in sales, including individual salesperson and team leader roles
- Fluent in at least 3 European languages including Spanish and English (proficiency in Italian, German and/or Portuguese considered as a strong plus)
- Previous experience leading a call centre or any large centralized sales team strongly preferred
- Distinctive people leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and retain people in order to constantly overachieve sales targets in a challenging setting
- Previous experience managing a multicultural team
- Ability to closely manage sales performance, creating dashboards and swiftly acting on results
- Analytical i.e., able to derive insights from data and come up with solutions that will benefit the Sales organizations
- Mentoring skills, being responsible for training and developing team members skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize selling activities and follow through in a timely fashion
- An entrepreneurial mindset, superior verbal and communication skills, and the ability to articulate value propositions to key stakeholders
- An infectiously positive attitude and drive to win, hustle and determination
- Knowledge of the real estate industry is a plus but not a requirement