BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ENGINEER ALEXA
Alexa is Amazon’s ground-breaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join our team located in Madrid, Spain
If you are passionate about developing business metrics and insights from complex data sets, this role is for you. You will work closely with knowledge engineers, product managers, and business leaders to produce reports and analyses that help improve Alexa’s answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. To be successful in this role, you must be able to turn ambiguous business questions into clearly defined problems, develop quantifiable metrics, and implement Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes to support all data needs across the organization.
The successful candidate will be an expert with analysing large data sets and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
Last but not least, you love building insightful reports and beautiful data visualizations, and want to automate everything you have built.
You love working with data, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Define requirements for reporting, customer behavior, and technical performance metrics, and work with technical teams and product managers to integrate into our development schedules
· Identify opportunities to improve metrics and define reports that provide senior stakeholders with clear visibility to business performance
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Develop, implement, and automate processes to collect and manage usage data from multiple sources
· Partner with internal and external market research teams to analyze our customers and the competitive environment
· Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new product development
· Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs to calculate business metrics
· Review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries.REQUISITOS BÁSICOS
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
· Few years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
· Exceptional skills using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets in a business environment.
· Fluent with scripting languages for data wrangling.
· Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teamsREQUISITOS DESEADOS
· Graduate degree in business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
· Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organisation
· Other European languages (Spanish, Italian, French or German) both oral and written
· Few years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field
· Strong communication and presentation skills necessary to build effective working relationships and positively influence decision making
· Experience with statistical modelling and analysing large data sets using Python or R
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
· Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your English application.