HOME INNOVATION PROGRAM PRODUCT MANAGER
Join the EU Home Innovation Programme to create the best-in-class experience for customers to discover and shop home furnishings online. Amazon is looking for an exceptional, highly analytical and hands-on Product Manager to propose and develop scalable solutions to solve challenging problems to delight customers whilst revolutionizing the Retail analytics space. Joining the Amazon Home Innovation Program means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who sets a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. You will be responsible for innovating and executing relentlessly well on different areas, including Selection, Availability and Delivery Experience, with an initial focus on Item Data Quality.
Enabling our brands to succeed is core to our mission. As Product Manager you will drive the flywheel by unlocking our suppliers’ potential on Amazon. At the same time, you will make the purchasing journey in the Home Furnishings space simpler and more enjoyable to our customers. You will own programs and activities such as improving our catalogue data quality, focusing on both (a) enhancing key purchase decision attributes per product type, and (b) innovating in the way we surface that information to our customers in our Detail Pages. This will involve working with multiple internal and external stakeholders and teams (selling partners, catalogue teams, detail page tech teams).
In addition, you will be the data guru in our team, responsible for running automated reporting for our different workstreams and diving deep into data to unearth actionable insights that will lead to improvements across the customer and vendor experience.
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management. You will use a combination of outstanding analytical skills, business judgment, and strategic thinking to innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have a track record of managing large sets of data, be comfortable with SQL language, thrive for automation and for inventing new data extraction and visualization techniques to produce actionable insights while partnering with business owners to implement solutions.
You will have strong cross-functional skills and will be comfortable working closely with business and development teams. You should be a self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion. You and the team will work closely with the US Home Innovation team and drive the transfer of ideas and learnings in both directions. This is a highly visible role and you will lead discussions with senior leadership across and outside of Retail.
The role will be preferably based in Madrid, although other EU locations can also be considered. Please, make sure to submit an English version of your CV when applying to this position.
Amazon strives to be Earth`s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online, at low prices and great convenience. Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
· Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline.
· 3+ years professional experience in product management, operations management, management consulting or related experience.
· Strong proficiency in SQL and Microsoft Excel
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with financial and operational analysis.
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis.
· Must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed and decisiveness to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated success partnering with diverse teams and managing different stakeholders
· Bias for action and hunger for quantifiable results.
· Successful candidates will be autonomous, tenacious and creative. They will quickly adapt to work in a fast paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are essential.
· Fluent in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills.REQUISITOS DESEADOS
· Strong proficiency in statistics software
· A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Machine Learning or related technical field.
· Experience in SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling)
· Experience in building and developing a high performance cross functional project team
· Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative experiences to customers. Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
· Experience working with remote teams.