THE CHALLENGEOver the last decade, we have built a world-class software as a service (SaaS) platform for event organizers, enabling millions of events globally. In the process, we have touched millions of consumers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. As our platform continues to scale, we will need more highly skilled, experienced engineers who can understand and solve the next class of problems that we will face.
THE TEAMWe`re a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out as an example!). Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
THE ROLEThe SRE DevTools team exists to increase the speed, quality, and efficiency of the rest of our engineering teams. We are responsible for designing and implementing our next generation of developer productivity, CI/CD, and release tools, with a vision of enabling high quality code to move from developer machines to production servers in less than five minutes. We are looking for new team members who can help us complete our near-term projects while actively working to help define our long term initiatives.THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 2+ years of experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 2+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, BuildKite, or CircleCI
- Passion to tinker, learn, and solve problems, even when those problems don’t involve coding
- Willingness to work on a globally distributed team
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level
- Open source contributions
- Experience with containers (like Docker) and container orchestration systems (like Kubernetes)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience being on a scrum team and/or is a scrum master
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Company focus on talent development
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!).
- Health & Wellness Program.
- Remote work policy (1-2 days a week).
- Flexible work schedule.
- Profesional development & training paths.
- English speaking company.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let`s make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- Monthly Lunch Vouchers
- A family-friendly environment.
ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.